February 8, 2013

GARDEN ENVY

Are you ready to see green? After a colorless winter, I am gazing at the trees in the greenbelt and jumping ahead to Spring when the branches begin to bloom with tiny green leaves. Around our neck of the woods, this should be sometime next month. No longer do we need to wait until the end of May to see those beautiful Spring blooms. I am so thankful for this as I watch Maine and Boston being blanketed with yet more snow this weekend!
 

Perhaps only a Master Gardener could create this breathtaking beauty. Now this is what I aspire to. From the paved walkway, to the archway, to the luscious thick carpet of lawn, this backyard garden is a place you want to linger......

 
This front yard entrance reminded me so very much of our neighborhood in Jackson. Those wooded lots with trees that reached almost to heaven, the winding walkway welcoming you to the front door and the birdbath among the ferns and groundcover....absolutely a stunning entry!
 
 
Now the Hydrangeas had me at hello.
 A private little spot to relax and read that romance novel on a summer's day.... 


Pink peonies....is there anything as beautiful and glorious as a peony?
My mothers favorite of all...

 
This garden arbor is like the entrance to the secret garden isn't it?
I'll just be there are bunnies hiding amongst the flower beds....
 

Now this courtyard could easily be in New Orleans...draped with white roses and morning glories....
I can hear the soft sound of the fountain......
We can all gather incentive to make our gardens this beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.