January 19, 2015

HOTEL WORTHY BUTTERMILK WAFFLES




A perfect breakfast for a winter morning......

One of our favorites in Kennebunkport


Why is it that hotels have THE most fabulous tasting waffles? Have you ever noticed that? I don't think that I've ever had a bad waffle when traveling around the United States. It's one of those "things" that made me want to try various recipes until I found the "perfect" one! And....I found THE ONE! 




The children would always order waffles for breakfast when we would have our morning breakfast at hotels...normally traveling for a soccer tournament. There was one hotel we used to stay at in Waco that had "to die for waffles!" The grandchildren LOVE waffles and we always leave this for Nick to prepare when we are at the beach for summer vacation. Luke is coming to visit in February, so I wanted to ensure, he could be pampered with his favorite waffles at Grandma's house! Here ya' go Luke.....come on down! This is where the good stuff is.......


HOTEL WORTHY BUTTERMILK WAFFLES
3 eggs, separated
2 cups buttermilk
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
6 tablespoons butter, melted


Beat egg yolks and add one cup of the buttermilk.
Mix dry ingredients together and add to the egg mixture.
Add the other cup of buttermilk and the melted butter.
Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into batter.
Bake in your waffle iron until golden brown.


8 comments:

  1. Luke says, "I'm on my way, Maine Grandma! Can't wait to have those waffles in my belly!"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just for you my darling.....hugs and kisses from Maine Grandma!!!

      Delete
  2. Miss Estelle, Everything taste better with buttermilk and butter! These look wonderful and easy. Have a wonderful week! Hugs Patti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How right you are Patti....hope you are enjoying some sunshine today! Thank you for stopping by love!

      Delete
  3. What's your number for a reservation?? Have a great week, Estelle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie...you would be basking in sunshine today if you were back in Texas! Gorgeous weather...wish I could share with you! Thank you for stopping by today! Hope you enjoy these one Sunday morning....big hugs!

      Delete
  4. I love buttermilk and these waffles look heavenly! I've missed you, XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have missed you too Susan! In fact, I was just thinking about you last night wondering why you have not been blogging! Must be a busy start to the new year! So glad you dropped by today! So hope you are doing well!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.