February 16, 2018

SLOW COOKER CHICKEN PASTA SOUP


Do you ever think of chicken soup as the perfect dish to serve 
for a romantic Valentine's dinner?
I suppose I never have either, but this year, it was
what I decided to make for that man o" mine.
It is full of healthy veggies and a homemade broth
that would soothe your soul....now that's pretty romantic to me.....
the aroma alone will put a smile on your face!


SLOW COOKER CHICKEN PASTA SOUP
6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
5 medium carrots, peeled and diced
5-6 stalks celery, diced
1 medium onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups low sodium chicken broth
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1 can peas, drained
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Salt, pepper and chicken rotisserie seasoning, to taste
2 cups cheese ravioli
Chopped fresh parsley


Add all of the ingredients to the slow cooker, except for the ravioli.
Cook on low for 6 hours.
Remove the cooked chicken from the slow cooker, and cut into bite sized pieces, then add back to the slow cooker.
Add in the ravioli and cook for 10 minutes or until they are cooked all the way through.
Season with salt and pepper to taste. Discard bay leaves before serving and top with shredded Parmesan cheese. Fantastic served with hot french bread!



I also ended this dinner celebrating romance and love
with homemade Chocolate Fried Pies!

5 comments:

  1. I haven't thought about chocolate fried pies in years!! When I was about 13 we lived next door to a lady who had several children and she often made these. One time they gave me one! Oh, my! I still remember the taste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The soup sounds delicious and since I happen to have the ingredients...today sounds like a good day for soup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yummy that looks wonderful. Never would have thought of the ravioli. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betsy that looks sooooo delicious that I have to make it. Also I cannot believe how many of the same dishes and serve ware that are identical. We must be soul dishware sisters. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, this looks delish, Betsy!! Just the perfect thing for this dreary weather pattern we're stuck in here. I've already pinned this -- thanks for sharing! :D

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    Hugs,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.