March 15, 2018

ATLANTA VISIT FINALE


Our four days in Atlanta were packed with shopping,
fabulous food, relaxation in the sun, touring historic homes
and spending time with Luke the Duke.
Every visit, I like to do a craft or activity with him
which is "our" special time.
This becomes a little more challenging as he grows older,
so this visit, he and I decorated the mantel for Easter!


Oh, how I love sitting in the living room
while having morning coffee and enjoying the sun!


We were blessed with beautiful spring weather...perfect for
sitting out on the deck with Piper and watching the world go by...just sitting.....


The golfers always wave as they pass by.....


taking a selfie with Luke, who is in constant motion......


Mr. Basemore is doing well.....would you believe
he is in his eighties and still maintains this beautiful home?


Now, my FAVORITE activity, is shopping with my daughter.....
honey, we put some miles on our feet as we shopped through
Publix, WalMart, Target, Joann's, Kirkland's, Pier One and Michael's!
We had a certain goal in mind, which was to design
a wall vignette in Miss M's kitchen.


Watching Luke play hours of basketball reminded me of myself
at this age, not to mention, my four kiddos loving this same activity! 


Our cocktail hours are always fun.....steaks on the grill
and baked potatoes in the oven...yum-o!!!


It was fascinating to see Jay's car which is in perfect condition....
this car comes with history and a story which I shall reveal
in a future post......grab a tissue when you read it.....


Sunday afternoon, it was time to design her vignette...
farmhouse style.
This is not an easy task to pull together different decor items
which will blend and not overwhelm any one piece.....


We accomplished our mission....we all loved it!


You can tell how happy they are with the update and change...
I love the message it sends.....


My favorite part of the day...the gloaming... 


We had a marvelous, marvelous time....
hopefully, we don't need to wait so long between visits..
our nine year old is growing into a happy and handsome young man...just LOVE
this kid!!!

10 comments:

  1. Oh he continues to grow into a handsome happy kid as he always has been! That’s what my daughter does with me and I love it. Happens only once or twice a year, which makes all that shopping extra special. Have a marvelous Thursday...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is nothing more enjoyable than spending time with your one and only daughter...wish we lived closer! Hope you are seeing signs of spring Vee....still miss your blog!!!

      Delete
  2. I can really tell how Luke is growing! He doesn't look like a 'little' boy anymore. It happens so fast doesn't it?

    Your daughter has a beautiful home and that vignette turned out perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a sweetheart Deanna..thank you for visiting today! Hope you are planning a festive Easter gathering...warm hugs!

      Delete
  3. So happy to see you had such a wonderful visit with your daughter and her family! Their home is lovely, and I see that Miss M has your eye for decorating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such sweet comments Connie...hope you are enjoying a lovely week of spring weather!

      Delete
  4. Betsy, I loved all the pictures...to get to come along on your trip. Family time, is good for all of us...it warms our hearts. Even seeing your family time brought a tear to my eye, because I remember Emma at age nine and next month she will be 14. Where does time go so quickly? I see that Luke is growing taller too, like grandpa. You and your daughter did an awesome job on the gallery wall. Your feet lasted a lot long than mine could shopping. LOL Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear Susie...time does fly by with our loved ones doesn't it? You are so very lucky to live close to your children and grandchildren..always enjoy seeing your posts. Wishing you a beautiful weekend..warm hugs!

      Delete
  5. always love your 'family time' photos.
    there were times that Luke doesn't even look like he's nine!
    then at the end I see the lad he's going to be. I hope you're ready for his breaking some hearts! LOL.
    this is a beautiful post darling bean. and WOW. I need to use whatever Piper Rose puppy is using.
    I've never seen such gorgeous glossy hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Tammy..you know I love seeing others family photos that tell a story too! I so enjoy your visits and your kind comments. Hope you are having a lovely start to spring....enjoy your weekend!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.